Friday, March 5, 2021

Twists and Turns

 New Curve Tool Plug-in for Wings 3D by Micheus


Grab the plug-in HERE 


If you use any other modeling programs then you will find this comes as standard under other names such as the spline tool, or auto-curve. Up until now, Wings users have had to rely on the infamous bend option from the right-click menu, something I've never liked or indeed, fully understood!

I'm not going to go through the tool option by option, as there is just too much to write about here. I will, however, let you know how to install it.

Download the plugin from the link above, open Wings3D, and from the file menu, select "Install Plugin or Patch". Navigate to the .tar file you downloaded and ok it. This will automatically put everything where it needs to be! You can now delete the file from your desktop/ wherever you downloaded it to.

I've not yet had much chance to play with all the options, but just to show how simple it can be, I made a quick video of using the smooth curve below.


I may revisit this tool in future posts and add a quick video here and there but for now, I suggest that you run along and grab this plugin. Kudos to Micheus for bringing us such a handy plugin!



No comments:

Post a Comment